Orange Corners Cairo
The Orange Corners Cairo incubation programme aims to support 30+ Egyptian young entrepreneurs per year with a dynamic, state-of-the-art facility, where they get the opportunity to collaborate and work with like-minded individuals in order to start and grow their business. The incubation programme, focusing particularly on entrepreneurs in the agriculture and creative sector, offers training, business development support, masterclasses, events, coaching and mentoring sessions. Through collaboration between the private and public sector, Orange Corners combines forces to contribute towards the economic growth of Egypt and strengthen the Egyptian startup ecosystem.
Orange Corners Cairo | 124 Othman Ibn Affan, Al Matar, El Nozha, Cairo | firstname.lastname@example.org
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- At least one of the startup founders is aged 18-35 years old.
- Commitment to attend the full activities of the program, with maximum excused absence of 20%.
Target Applicant Persona
The following are not strict requirements, but are the typical expected characteristics of the target group that the promotional campaigns will focus on:
- Recent university graduates, but may also only hold a secondary education certificate.
- Living in Cairo or within a 60-minute commuting radius outside of Cairo.
- Interested in creativity, design and technology.
- Interested in addressing social challenges and problems.
- Self-driven and ambitious.
- Have ideas related to the 2 target industry focus areas: agriculture and handicrafts/creative sector.
- 50% focus on female entrepreneurs.
The following criteria will be used for assigning a score for each applicant, assuming the satisfy the Eligibility Criteria described above, and taking into consideration the Target Audience Persona
- Scalability of the business idea
- Team competence and commitment
- Progress to date
- Potential market size
- Impact potential
- Degree to which the team will benefit from the programme
You can apply through our application form on the website as soon as applications open. Applications for the next cohort are scheduled to be open in July/August 2020.
The proposed program includes the following benefits for the participants:
- A 6-months program in which the best startups are progressively identified over 3 stages.
- An intensive 2-day bootcamp to prepare startups to pitch to continue after the first stage of the program.
- A 5-day masterclass to kickstart the beginning of the main stage of the program.
- 8 bi-weekly half-day entrepreneurship training workshop sessions.
- 4 inspirational and experiential guest speaker discussion sessions (Spark and Ideacircle).
- Access to a network of more than 200 industry Mentors during 8 workshops and as needed.
- Shared office space for the duration of the program.
- Consultancy on legal, financial, branding design and communication issues.
- Exposure to potential investors at the Nova event and throughout the program.
You will be notified by email or phone about the outcome of your application, following the application deadline.
The next incubation cycle of Orange Corners Cairo is scheduled to start in September 2020.
Participation is free of costs. The costs of your participation is covered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands and our private sector partners in Egypt.
Do you still have a question?
Oops! We could not locate your form.